[Iris-Club] Iris on top of "real-world" languages

Robbert Krebbers mail at robbertkrebbers.nl
Thu Oct 11 10:39:36 CEST 2018

Hi Gregory,

Together with Dan Frumin and Leon Gondelmann at Radboud University
Nijmegen, I'm working on instantiating Iris with a C language.
Currently, we are working on automation for non-determinism in
expressions. In short: we have developed a new version of the logic from
my POPL'14 paper in Iris that's better suited for automation. On top of
that new logic, we are building automated tactics (by computational
reflection) for computing verification conditions automatically.

We eventually would like to support more features of C. First and
foremost, if we want it to be actually usable, we need support for data
types (all the different integer types, structs, unions, arrays). Right
now, we use mathematical integers, and only have limited support for
arrays (no structs and unions). For this, we could probably learn a lot
from VST. Apart from that, we would like to support concurrency eventually.

Best,

Robbert