[Iris-Club] Iris on top of "real-world" languages

Jesper Bengtson jebe at itu.dk
Thu Oct 11 10:24:16 CEST 2018

Is there a particular reason you want to use Iris for this rather than VST on its own. They have put a lot of effort into making the automation for the separation logic work reasonably painlessly. Jensen, Benton, and Kennedy worked on x86 assembly in Coq with a program logic for that. It was quite impressive but I don’t believe anyone is working on that at the moment. Again, if you want that to work within Iris then there is quite a bit of work required.

So, to my knowledge RustBelt is the only work that uses “real” programming languages and Iris at the moment. I’d need to know a bit more about what you all want to do with it.

/Jesper