[Iris-Club] Installing Iris Coq mode on Windows

Jan Menz s9jamenz at stud.uni-saarland.de
Fri Mar 23 12:40:17 CET 2018

Hello,

I finally managed to install Iris on Windows a few days ago and as far
as I can tell everything seems to work fine. So I wanted to preserve
what worked for me here for future reference.

> I once managed to install opam on
> Windows via <https://fdopen.github.io/opam-repository-mingw/installation/>, then
> compile Coq with it, and then install Iris.

I tried to do this. Unfortunately the installation of OPAM failed.
However the installer did install cygwin and I found out that cygwin
recognized the windows installation of Coq.

This allowed me to compile stdpp using cygwin.

I then tried to compile Iris the same way but there was a problem with
Ssreflect. Apparently the Windows installer for Ssreflect/ the
mathematical components library installed a version that was compiled
with Coq 8.7.0 which was incompatible with my Coq version 8.7.2.

Hence I deleted the mathematical components library and compiled it from
source using cygwin and Coq 8.7.2.

Now compiling Iris from source using cygwin worked.

Thanks for all the help I got here, it pointed me in the right direction.

On a slightly unrelated note: I saw here
(https://coq.inria.fr/distrib/current/refman/ssreflect.html) that since
version 8.7 Ssreflect is a native part of Coq. However just compiling
without additionally installing Ssreflect from the mathematical
components library did not work. Are there any plans to switch from the
external Ssreflect library to the one that is part of Coq in the future?

Yours Jan.

--
Legal Notice: I hereby specifically prohibit the use and storage of this
message by the BND, NSA, GCHQ or any other intelligence agency and

Should my data be stored or used in any way anyway I reserve the right
to take legal action.