[Iris-Club] Installing Iris Coq mode on Windows

Jan Menz s9jamenz at stud.uni-saarland.de
Mon Mar 5 12:40:03 CET 2018

Hello,

I've tried to install the Coq mode for Iris and failed spectacularly.
Following the instructions on the Iris page I first tried to install it
via opam using the Windows subsystem for Linux. However, for some reason
the system does not seem to recognize that the newest Coq version is
already installed. It tries to install it again which fails. Apparently
there is a problem with camlp5.

Then I tried to install Iris by building it from source. Installing
Ssreflect worked fine, but when I tried to install std++ the makefile
did not work because when running make coqc is not found. When I try to
run make on the windows command environment (which I suspect is not what
I should be doing) the command cut cannot be found.

Does anyone have experience with installing Iris on Windows and can tell
me how to do it?

Yours,

Jan.

--
Legal Notice: I hereby specifically prohibit the use and storage of this message by the BND, NSA, GCHQ or any other intelligence agency and withdraw any permission I might or might not have given to any of these institutions to use or store any of my data.

Should my data be stored or used in any way anyway I reserve the right to take legal action.