[Iris-Club] Excluded middle leads to inconsistency

Ralf Jung jung at mpi-sws.org
Wed May 3 10:58:53 CEST 2017

Well, but it's not like we know the canonical set of rules we will get
in the presence of box without * elimination.  For example, it seems
likely that we will *not* have "box P |- P".  (However, we will have
"box P |- P * box P".)  So if you use box in linear Iris, you better
state which rules you use.

I think however that "True |- box True" is something we do get;
otherwise it'll be hard to prove anything under the box...

; Ralf